Bituminous membrane is a suitable waterproofing material used in the foundations, curtains, basements, gardens, terraces and roofs of buildings, as well as in structures exposed to different burdens such as bridges and viaducts, in order to protect them against the negative impacts of water and providing living areas with a comfortable waterproofing.
Bonus Membrane contains very different reinforcing polymers. These polymers not only make the material highly durable, but also play an active role in the easy application of the product and its perfect waterproofing properties.
Bitumen reinforced with polymers gains its ultimate properties using polyester or fiberglass bearings with different tensile, breakage and tear strengths. An important advantage of bituminous membranes that distinguishes them from other waterproofing materials is that they provide ease of application and use in many different details and are suitable for different climate conditions, in direct proportion with bearings’ properties.
Bonus Membrane Product Catalog
Bonus Membrane Price List
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is the Importance of Water Insulation?
- The importance of water insulation is to prevent the corrosion of iron reinforcement in the building's carrier system. Water leaking into the structure; By causing corrosion (rusting) on the supporting parts of the structures, the load carrying capacity is seriously reduced, the integrity of the concrete is broken and cracks and fractures are formed.
+ Why should waterproofing be done in the foundations of buildings?
- Concrete and other necessary building materials are not sufficient for the construction of a wall that does not pass the groundwater at all unless an additional measure is taken. A wall that is found to be in contact with the wet floor can fill the space between the walls by passing groundwater through a concrete wall in which groundwater is detected in one direction, as it gets moist. As a result, moisture occurs in buildings as a result of improper insulation. Moisture is an important factor affecting the health of people, the strength of the building carrier system and the deterioration of the goods. For this purpose, it is imperative to take preventive measures to prevent dampness from occurring.
+ Is It Obligatory to Have Water Insulation?
-This expectation of the sector officials, who have long pointed out that waterproofing should become mandatory in building applications, was met with two new regulations that entered into force on 1 June 2018; Water and sound insulation was mandatory in buildings. With the Regulation on Waterproofing in Buildings and the Regulation on the Protection of Buildings Against Noise, prepared by the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning with the support and initiative of İZODER (Heat, Water, Sound and Fire Insulation Association), water and sound insulation is now a necessity in building applications. For this reason, building permits are not issued for buildings without insulation. In our country, where an active urban transformation process is underway, it is predicted that much better quality and healthier buildings will be built with the contribution of the regulation.
+ Should bituminous waterproofing membranes be maintained every year?
- If bituminous waterproofing membranes are applied as specified in technical catalogs and TS11758-2, they do not require any maintenance and repair for many years.
+ Are bituminous waterproofing membranes used only on the foundations and roofs of buildings?
- Bituminous waterproofing membranes can be used in all kinds of areas where buildings can take water, provided that appropriate detail is prepared. Walls in contact with the soil, foundations and floors sitting on the ground, exterior walls below the level where water can accumulate outside the building or where water can pour, balconies, terraces and sloping roofs, wet areas such as bathrooms, sinks, toilets, are the general usage areas of bituminous waterproofing membranes. In addition, bituminous waterproofing membranes are used for waterproofing in structures such as water tanks, artificial ponds and pools, retaining walls, concrete canals, car parks, highways with high stresses, roads with rail systems, bridges and viaducts.
+ Is bituminous waterproofing membrane applied as a single layer everywhere?
- Bituminous waterproofing membranes are applied in foundations and terrace roofs in at least two layers. If desired, a single layer of 4mm bituminous membranes can be applied on roofs with a slope of more than 5 percent.
+ How long is the life of bituminous waterproofing membranes?
- Bituminous waterproofing membranes, which are selected in accordance with the place of use and adhered in accordance with technical details, maintain their performance uninterrupted throughout the life of the building.
+ Can a definite solution be obtained for waterproofing by using bituminous waterproofing membranes?
- With the bituminous waterproofing membrane suitable for the detail to be applied, the right accessory to complement the insulation and quality workmanship, the final solution is obtained.
+ Do bituminous waterproofing membranes melt in very hot weather and create drips from the roof?
- Bituminous waterproofing membranes are melted with torch flame and applied. Melting temperature during application is at least 250 ° C. Even in the hottest climate conditions where the temperature in the shade reaches 50-55 ° C, since the temperature on the roof surface is not more than 80-85 ° C, the bituminous waterproofing membranes applied on the roof may soften with the effect of temperature. However, this does not cause its surface to deteriorate and drip.
+ Do bituminous membranes crack when the air temperature falls below 0 ° C?
- Bituminous waterproofing membranes are produced using modified bitumen, so they do not crack in cold. It is produced to be resistant to -5 ° C, -10 ° C and -20 ° C depending on the place of use. However, in practice it does not crack even at much lower temperatures.
+ How are bituminous waterproofing membranes applied?
- Bituminous waterproofing membranes, concrete wood etc. prepared as specified in the details in TS 11758/2. It should be applied on dry, oil-free, dust-free, clean and smooth surfaces in a dry weather. Bituminous waterproofing membranes should be applied at temperatures above +5 ° C after waiting for 24 hours at a temperature above + 5 ° C.